Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday Favourites!


My first ever Friday Favourites!
I'm linking up with some of my favourite blogs to take part in a post I've loved to read every week!


#1 Mix and Match Mama's Honey Pecan Chicken recipe
I had this last night for dinner for the second time and I just can't get over it. It is SO fast, so easy and so gluten free. I went with Shay's use of both white and dark meat and it was fantastic! I removed the thighs after 25 minutes and cooked the chicken breasts for another 15. It all came out wonderfully. This is definitely a favourite from our dinners this week! I'm not posting my own picture (because I forgot to take one), but I'll leave you to click the link. Her picture is amazing anyways :)

#2 My Lululemon Glide and Stride shirt
This shirt is so comfortable, so cute and I just can't get enough of it. I was able to get it for $39 from the sale instead of its original $74, which just adds to my enjoyment. I love that it comes with a built in bra, and I can't get over the sides. Sometimes I need to take a minute to just flit around in front of a mirror and look at it's adorable-ness. Hmm, that might be weird.
I also found it was true to size, and bought it in my usual 6. I wear a 6 in bottoms and tops religiously and have only deviated when I've read enough reviews to know I need to size up or down. Love those reviews.
 Images from here


#3 CSA Produce Day
I signed our home up for a CSA produce package that we pick up weekly from a home nearby. Unfortunately we don't live in one of the cities with delivery, but it's not much of a hassle to pick it up. It's actually on my way home from work. Each week we get a selection of local veggies and fruits, plus I added a $10 fruit basket. It's all organic and sooo fresh and delicious. It also forces me to think outside of the box for my meals, because I need to use up the produce! So far we have really cut down on grocery shopping. I still buy berries, watermelon and peaches/nectarines/plums, but I never really buy veggies anymore. It's been awesome! We have had some items that we aren't so inclined to use, luckily I can give those away to willing co-workers and friends who are only too happy to accept :) Case in point - those limes went to my co-worker today (he got them last time too!)
If you have a local CSA, I would highly recommend signing up. It is so worth it!
 
 

#4 teapigs Tea
This stuff is like the holy grail of tea to me. The chai masala and morning glory are my favourite flavours and I cannot get enough. I've seen them pop up here every now and then, but they never stick around in stores. They actually had it at picklebarrel the last time I went, but the morning glory was called English breakfast and didn't taste the same.
The tea temples have full tea leaves in them and are full of flavour like you wouldn't believe. My friend sent me some from the UK once, and now includes them every time she sends me a package, because she's just the best! If you ever see this tea - buy it. You won't regret it!! I am literally enjoying a cup of morning glory as I type this.
Images from here
 

Well, that's it for today. I'm sure that there is more I have loved this week, but these are the top 4!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment