Thursday, August 10, 2017


 Alright, getting the hang of this now! Last night was super busy - I went grocery shopping and it somehow took three hours (3 stores, Costco being one of them), and simultaneously tried to cook, and unload the dishwasher when we had what could only be described as a meat explosion which resulted in beef blood everywhere. Costco - you suck at packaging beef. Honestly. Then, because there wasn't enough drama, I dropped the package of sausage I was cooking and the casings fell on the floor. Ah, more meat contamination. My husband is a total germaphobe so he was all over cleaning it up, but omg we were laughing so hard. I mean really, if you can't laugh about that stuff you'll go crazy.
On the menu for dinner? Rachael Ray's Sausage and Kale pasta -- so good and so fast. The only changes I make to convert it to gluten free is I use gluten free linguine from Catelli (the Barilla one is also incredible and I think they do fettuccine) and I make sure my sausage is gluten free, because a lot of them have wheat crumbs hiding inside. This meal makes it into our rotation at least once every two weeks, if not once a week. It also does well for leftovers.

Still working on doing pictures, but we started off this morning with our hemp heart shake, which in reality tastes like banana chocolate milk. I can't handle synthetic protein/protein powders, so we go with hemp hearts. They probably cost about the same, but at least they are a healthy, whole food. I have been thinking about trying the aloha protein powder, but since I've yet to find one I can stand the taste of, I'm reluctant to spend the money on buying it. I wish there was a way to test these things before purchase.

For those of you who enjoy a good smoothie in the morning, here's a nice one to add to the mix:

3 tbsp. of hemp hearts (which is 10g protein)
1 cup almond milk
1 banana
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
Blend till smooth and you're good to go!

I use frozen bananas because they add cold to the smoothie and I find that unfrozen bananas make the smoothie chunkier. If you were going to use a fresh banana, I'd suggest adding a few ice cubes to the blender as well.

Today's plan is for a quick strength training session followed by a 5k run. Wish me luck - it's hot out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment