Thursday, August 17, 2017

Thursday thoughts

What a week! This has been one of those long drawn out weeks which I'm thinking is because starting the week exhausted is a bad idea. Note to self: Never work the day after a triathlon, even a short one.

I took two rest days, but last night went back to the gym to get back on track. My legs were still feeling fatigued, so I focused more on upper body. It was painful, but felt good to get back at it!

I started out with 10 minutes on the treadmill to get warmed up - usually I do the rowing machine, but there was someone on it and he looked like he would be there for awhile (and he was there well beyond my 10 minutes on the treadmill).

This is what I did:

Deadlifts (3x15)
Bent over rows (3x15)
Shoulder press with dumbbells (3x15)
Standing overhead dumbbell press ladder (3 sets - I do 1,3,5,10 on each arm)

Lateral raises (3x20)
Front raises (3x20)
Bicep curls (3x20)

Then I finished off with abs

Crunches (3x30 head to knees)
Russian twist (3x40 -- 20 per side)
Leg raises (3x20)

All wrapped up with some stretching. I did attempt the Heidi Powell peach butt hip thrusts, but since it was more of an experiment to see what it was like, I wouldn't really count it. I'll say this though - it's worth covering the bar in either the foam or a towel because ouch.

As a disclaimer I will add that I am simply documenting my workout and not encouraging anyone else to go out and do this. It works for me and I've had success in building muscle and strength with what I do.

Super excited for our produce box today! We don't have much left from last week and could use a refill. Some weeks they send out an email with what you'll be getting that week, but it's random and today is a mystery. I'm also really looking forward to my Friday Favourites post for tomorrow - I've actually remembered to take pictures and I'm excited to share some of my favourite things this week.

Sorry there's no pictures today! Next time I'll take some gym pictures ;)

Getting ready for the weekend! (Totally have the theme song from they weekenders in my head right now - anyone remember that cartoon?)

No comments:

Post a Comment