Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A 'nothing to do with Halloween' post on Halloween day!

 

 
When you're an adult without kids and living in a condo (so no trick or treaters), Halloween doesn't really feel like anything other than a normal day. How boring, right? It will be nice when we have kids and a house and can make Halloween fun. It will be fun buying half off candy tomorrow though!

I feel like with our vacation coming up next week, I am just counting the days at work. It quickly got cold here, so coming back from Winnipeg was really just coming back to a different kind of cold. I can't wait to be in Miami!

To prepare, I bought some shorts online because I don't really have shorts (I don't wear them aside from exercise or comfy lulu ones), But since all things have to be wife appropriate for these trips, I got some online at the Bay. Unfortunately, with it being October, they are really just selling off whatever they have left from the summer. So I got a nice white pair that fits well, and a denim part that is quite big, but will have to do. I know I could have looked elsewhere, but the Bay is just so easy to shop at and so close to home if you need to do a return. I pretty much buy anything I need there related to clothing/shoes/accessories/home ... if they sell it, that's where I get it. Our superintendent must think we have a shopping problem, since he always accepts our packages. Funny thing is we return half of it. Shopping at the store is absolute torture, but they've got their online world down pat!

So pretty



I also bought a new purse, because sadly beige doesn't hold up well in my world. I'm not a purse girl, so I usually get one and use it until it dies. I loved my beige coach purse, but unfortunately it became very dirty and the drycleaner wanted $150 to clean it. I can buy a new purse for that price! And I did!
So I bought this new CK purse. I love it, but it's bigger which I'm pretty sure just means I'll be cramming more into it. Ah well.

Last night I made beef and broccoli for dinner.
Delish!

I packed my cook books, so I didn't have access to my tried and true recipe so I used this one from Jo Cooks. I didn't use the cooking sherry, because I didn't have it, and for the vegetables I also added some carrots and red peppers but otherwise I followed the recipe. It's so easy to find gluten free soy sauce and chicken stock these days, so I didn't even really have to think about edits/changes to make it gluten free, because those ingredients already are in my home. This is why I firmly believe in using regular recipes with small adaptations. It's so much easier to stay close to the original intention of the recipe without adding a plethora of extra ingredients. I know gluten free cookbooks can be useful, but I just found them to be frustrating with a page and a half of ingredients. I like simplicity, especially on a Monday night!
I think I'll be using the slow cooker this week - I feel like enchiladas. So that's coming up. My simmers cookbook has some excellent recipes, seeing as she's southern. We'll have to say what tastes are presenting later in the week.

Have a happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment