Friday, October 6, 2017

Friday Favourites

 
 
 Happy Friday! It's been another whirlwind of a week with too many late evenings and way too much lieu time accrued. But hey, who's complaining?! I actually enjoy my work, so aside from being tired, I don't mind the late evenings.
 
As with all busy weeks, I have completely neglected to take enough photos of my favourite things. Shame really, because I have many. So this will be a short but still worthwhile FF. Since I didn't have time last week, this week is really a compilation of two Fridays. I am linking up with some fabulous ladies who you can find in the Friday Favourites image above!
 
1. Hitting my steps everyday.
 
This has been tough. I don't have a whole lot of steps to accomplish for my stepbet, but working in an office is a very sedentary job. Getting steps is somewhat of a challenge. Last night I had to hit my stretch goal of 10k and it was too late to go for a run. I was able to convince husband to go for a walk with me and easily hit my goal! He hates walks and I love them, so it was lovely (once he stopped complaining). It was a crisp fall evening and just a bit chilly wearing only sweaters. It was nice to finally have it feel like fall, even without an appropriate coat to wear. Note to self: buy fall jacket
(last week). I still have two stretch goals to hit this week (I took my rest day on Monday), so this evening might call for a run! Hope the rain holds off!
 
2. My new panda mug
 
 
I have a serious mug obsession. Not even kidding. I buy them everywhere. When we travel, when a store has a new collection I like, whenever! My mug collection is currently taking up two shelves and I have no shame. they don't match, not even close, but that's how I like them.
I also love panda bears (I even have a tattoo of one!) so after my zoo run, we had to hit up the gift shop for some panda-themed goodies. I got a little stuffed panda and this delightful panda mug. Husband told me it's the last mug, but I'm pretty sure he's been saying that for the last two years.
(last week)
 
3. Fresh Sugar face polish
Image from here
 
 
Ah Fresh, how I love you. Everything they make is just the best! This sugar scrub is not at all rough and I usually use it once a week. If my skin is getting angry, one use makes it all go away. I have fairly sensitive skin and I don't get any redness at all! Plus, the smell is just divine! Seriously, if you're not already using Fresh products, what are you waiting for?!
 
4. My unanticipated new shirt
Morning elevator selfie. Not very clear but the bottom is peplum
 
I was getting in the car for work when I managed to slosh my smoothie all over my shirt. It was too late to go back up and change, so I thought I could clean it off while I drove. Well, the napkins and tissues basically just dissolved and made more of a mess. At lunchtime I had to go buy a new shirt (I had an evening meeting, so going through a 14 hour work day with a dirty shirt wasn't an option).
I went to winners, grabbed every decent looking shirt in my size in the work appropriate section and this is what I ended up with. Definitely not something I would buy on a regular day, but I actually really like it! I think it's the perfect fall shirt! Thankfully when I sloshed my smoothie all over myself again this week, I was able to clean it off with a sponge and soap since I was already at work. Clearly I need a smoothie cup that closes fully (mine has the starbucks type lid) and a washing machine beside my desk.
 
 
5. This sweater
Image from here
 
So soft, so comfortable, and so beautiful. I just love a good sweater! I am a cardigan-sweater-coziness junkie, so I have a billion cardigans and sweaters, but let's be real, can you ever really have enough? Plus, I needed a few thick ones for winter. Since I wear them all year 'round, new ones are necessary :)
 
6. Care packages
 
Image found here


Image from here


Image from here

Image from here
 
I could kick myself for not getting a photo of this, so online photos are my only option. I really need to work on that! I have a lovely friend in the UK (who I have mentioned before) and we send each other care packages a few times a year. She primarily sends chocolate and tea - two of the many things that I think the UK does better than most other places! Husband and I usually battle it out over the fudge fingers, but thankfully he only has my tea once in a blue moon (he's more of a coffee guy). So as I sit here drinking a mug of earl grey and day-dreaming about my chocolate at home, I hope Hana is reading this and knows how much I appreciate her!
 
Well, that's all for today. Our house hunting has come to a standstill while we wait for ours to sell. Financially, this is the best option since we'll know what we are going in with and will be able to buy without imposing conditions of financing. Fingers crossed that we sell quickly, because I am ready to go. In the "everything happens for a reason" mindset, I know we didn't get that dream house for a reason and we will find our real dream house after ours sells. Keeping the faith! Condos don't take too long to sell in this market, so I don't think we will have to wait too long.
 
Happy Friday and Happy long weekend! Hope all my Canadian friends have a delightful thanksgiving weekend with their families and friends.
Don't forget to be thankful for everything that you have. Tis the season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment