Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Favourites!

 

 
 
 
TGIF! Short weeks sometimes feel the longest. This week however seemed to just speed by with a higher than usual level of exhaustion attached. I'm ready to relax!
This will be short and sweet and is pretty much fueled by my mom's harassment because this is her favourite post (Thanks mom!) So, as usual, I'm linking up with the ladies in the FF pic to bring you my favourites this week!

1. Kelly's Bake Shoppe





I could write an ode to this place -- for real. They are a local bakery that is fairly close to my work (closer than to my home anyways) and they have gluten free, vegan, nut free treats. Everything falls under the same guideline, so you don't go in there, see something you want and find out it's only vegan OR gluten free OR nut free. It's always all of the above. This is one of favourite things about them. I love my dairy in baked goods, but they make it something you won't miss. They recently developed their own coffee blend. Not sure what they use but holy moly. I'm not usually a fan of a straight cup of coffee. I tend to prefer plain lattes or tea, but a few weeks ago I stopped in and they were giving away free cups of coffee to show people their new blend. I had a cup and now I'm hooked! With a splash of coconut milk -- divine! So this week I had a meeting near there and stopped in for a mini powdered doughnut and a coffee. Perfect mid-morning treat!

2. Grey nail polish!
I had my nails done this week, and I won't bore you with the story of horror I endured, but it made me realize just how much I love my usual place. So my favourite is the colour. The downside was the crap it took to get it on.





3. This necklace

I got this in Utah but keep forgetting to post it. It's so pretty and sparkly and matches pretty much everything, especially because the colours change to reflect on whatever you're wearing. I love a good necklace!







4. Fresh Cleanser


Link found here


Seriously. Obsessed. Have you noticed yet? This cleanser is so gorgeous. It literally just melts the makeup off your face -- even waterproof mascara. It's so smooth that it just feels like you're rinsing the water off - you won't even notice that all of your makeup has been effortlessly removed. I like trying new brands too much to just stick to one brand, but I think that one day Fresh may just be the only thing my cupboard is full of.

5. Brown gel eyeliner.

 
Link found here


I recently got into brown eyeliner when I realized black was just too harsh. It was making me look like a gothic raccoon and I wasn't feeling it. I made the switch to brown a few months ago and I have really enjoyed the toned down look it provides. It still gives me what I'm looking for (the eye-accentuating), but we've lost the gothic raccoon. I just loved the Clinique one I tried first, but ended up trying out another one because I was lazy and feeling cheap. The Clinique one is about $20, and the one I just picked up is about $7. There are some differences in quality, but not enough for me to care right now. I can't even remember the brand of the current one I'm using, but it's just some drug store kind like rimmell or Maybelline. The point of this favourite is that brown eyeliner is the perfect colour to use if you have paler skin but still want to line your eyes. But I'll use a picture of the Clinique one since it is pretty bitchin'
I also prefer gel because you eliminate the whole 'eyeliner marks on the brow-line dilemma.

That's all for today. I hope next week I can spend a little more time putting together a post. I have SO many things to share, but no time and want to use real pictures instead of stock photos from online.

Have the very best weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love finding good bakeries! Also, I love that color of nail polish. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete