Monday, November 6, 2017

Friday Favourites on a Monday!

 
 I missed Friday Favourites last week -- so I'm doing Monday favourites. Same deal, different day. So even though the link up is closed -- it's still good fun!

We had a busy Saturday this weekend. I went for a 10k run in the morning while we had people view our condo, followed by a mani/pedi with my momma and then crisis responder volunteer work from 4-11. It was definitely an exhausting day.
Thankfully Sunday was completely empty which allowed for lots of relaxation in between laundry and cooking. It was much needed and very enjoyable!

I love the part of daylight savings where we get an extra hour of sleep, but the darkness so early is not the best - especially for running. I was able to run Thursday as soon as I got home from work around 5, and it was just starting to get dark, but now it's already darkening by 5:00 and looks like night by 5:30. Since the area I run through has lots of parks and ravines leading off of it, it isn't really safe in the dark. Guess I'll have to figure that one out.

Anyways, time for my Monday (Friday) Favourites!

1. Vanilla Bean Noel time




I know I'm not that only one who loves this scent -- proven by the mass amounts they produce at bath and body works and have to keep restocking. I used to be OBSESSED with B&BW but over the years I've stopped going as much. I still love their 3 wick candles and many of their warm winter scents, I'm just not a fan of the mall so I rarely go. However, I will always go to restock my VBN because it smells exactly like Christmas. Everything from this line smells the same and it's all perfect.


2. Neogen Naturals Serum in Oil Drop White Truffle
 


 

What a mouthful. This is an ipsy gem that I'm really enjoying. I definitely need more than the recommended two drops (not sure who that would work for), but the serum has done a great job at keeping my skin from getting all sketchy and dry as the weather turns colder. I think I see a full size product in my future. It's not oily at all, not sticky like some serums and doesn't leave any sort of residue. It literally absorbs in seconds and then you can apply your eye cream and moisturizer right away. It's lovely!


3. This Mellow Eye shadow
 
 
 


Blogger fail. I totally didn't take a photo of the name. Oh well. According to ipsy it's either coco or plum so I'll go with coco. I actually got this colour ages ago, and decided to try it out because I had run out of my fave neutral (and can't really justify buying eye shadow when I have so many. So I gave this one a shot and it's just lovely! I'm actually kind of bummed that I didn't try it earlier. It does have a shimmer, but it's very muted and it has an amazing look when you add a bit of water to use it as a liner. Really gorgeous. I'd definitely recommend not only this colour, but this brand!

4.  Thoughtful co-workers
 
Should have taken a pic of the inside!

Our favourite receptionist/legal administrator is the only person in the office who makes sure we celebrate holidays. Whether it be valentines day or Halloween, she makes sure we celebrate in some small way. Halloween was a truly dull affair, with just one new person asking if we were going to do anything. I told him that sadly, no. There would be no celebrating that I knew of. Our only festive person was on maternity leave. Well guess who showed up with Halloween treats?!
She came with Halloween cupcakes for everyone and because I can't eat cupcakes she made me my own pumpkin tin of treats with things she knew I liked. It was just the sweetest! I can't wait until she's back, even thought it's a good 10 months from now :(


Anyways, I think that's about it. We are headed out for Miami this Thursday, so I will definitely miss Friday Favourites again this week. Boo.

Happy Monday & stay warm! It's supposed to snow a tiny bit on Thursday, but sadly we will probably already be in the land of palm trees and humidity by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment